Answered

Amazon Music HD dropouts

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I am getting major speaker dropouts when trying to play Amazon Music Playlists.  I recently ‘upgraded to Amazon Music HD’ and I am wondering whether that is connected?  Diagnostic 8730064442 taken a few mins after it happened this morning.

If I play a playlist from my local NAS it is fine.  All speakers behave and play music fine.  If I try an Amazon Music playlist it goes berserk with various speakers dropping in and out.  It is unlistenable.

ISP is BT.  70 Mbps reliable download speed.  Location is South East United Kingdom.

Router is BT Smarthub 2 which is hard wired into a Netgear 24-port gigabit switch (JGS524PE).

Full managed wi-fi is provided across the house by five hard wired Ubiqiti Unifi access points (three AC-PRO and 2 AC-LITE).  Single SSID on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. BT Router wifi is turned off.

Sonos is using the above wi-fi network.  I have 2 x Play 5 speakers and 10 x Play 1 speakers for music and a sub, soundbar and 2 Play 1 speakers for TV.

Any help appreciated.

Stu

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 June 2021, 11:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Hi Stanley

It is slightly disheartening to learn that a system which sounds to be in a favourable configuration, with a knowledgeable owner, still has issues but I guess this is something I may just have to get used to.

Might invest in an RF monitor to see what else might be hampering performance, but I certainly have very shouty neighbours so may be in a similar position. Could you offer any specific make/model recommendations please? That would be much appreciated.

Regarding auto channel selection, when I first became aware of the option many years ago, I checked and it turned out my router and Sonos had selected the same channel, both on auto. D’oh.

Ken, I shall keep trying. I can change cables, switches and go direct to the router on one player so will try those too.

Many thanks!

Scott

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’m using the RF monitor built into my Ubiquity Access Point and the Cloud Key controller.

Sonos keeps working to improve things but they also have to consider how to keep the older geatr working with minimal impact. The S1 / S2 split is still generating grief.