Answered

Airplay Unable to Connect

• 27 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Ive bought three Sonos One speakers recently 2 black, 1 x white, two have worked perfectly (black) although the last one (white) wont conect via airplay (AIrplay “Unable to connect” to Den”,). Saying this all three work perfectly through the Sonos app.

I have Factory reset offending speaker, rebooted IOS device,Rebooted router, changed name of the speaker,relocated the speaker.

My thinking is the IOS airplay is at fault no so much the Wifi network or speaker.

I have noted that the offending speaker has a hardware Version of 1.26.1.7-2.1 as the other speakers that are working have a hardware version of 1.26.1.7-2.2. I dont believe  the descrepencies with these versions woudl be at fault, as the three speakers were bought within the last 1 month.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ian

icon

Best answer by PMcD100 6 January 2021, 22:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Submit a diagnostic and post the confirmation number here.

Diagnostics report sent 1751515765

Hello all,

So after a factory reset and then wifi reset it appears airplay still won't work. What is interesting whilst trying to digest the Sonos network by checking the associated products IP address its the same as my den speaker, weird.(10.1.1.161)

Not sure if Associated products and the speaker should have the same ip address?

The “associated product” is the speaker to which the app is current connecting. It is selected by the system and changes from time to time. See this and this thread for further information.

So Still no luck i guess it time to throw the speaker out as a complete fail

I’m experiencing similar problems: Airplay connects fine to Surround Set (Beam + Sub (Gen 3) + pair of One SLs) and Move, but won’t connect to a Five. There’s a fundamental problem with Airplay that Sonos, Apple, or both need to resolve.

I’m going to try another process where only one speaker is connected via my router (lan). This way under system that speaker should read WM0 as all the other wireless speakers are WM1.

Thoughts are Sonos produces there own wifi mesh network which may or may not help airplay. 
I’m hoping to prove my theory tonight 

ian

No complete fail looks like the speaker is stuffed when using airplay, it’s in the bin