airplay stop working all of a sudden?

• 13 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m about to try one last thing - rebooting my phone but so far nothing has worked and I’ve tried everything else. My devices didn’t show up in Sonos either. I had to reboot one and then after that the others showed up magically!  I’ve reported problems like this before and Sonos customer support is hopeless. I’ve made due with the quirks but tonight my Sonos “system” learned a new trick!

Airplay doesn’t work!  It worked earlier today but for some reason it stopped.  So I went to use AirPlay but it didn’t work.  My Sonos devices dropped weren’t showing up in the app so I figured they dropped off the network for some reason ( oh and for the record, they were still connected to the wifi and router  I could ping them)   Well now they are in the Sonos app but still can’t air play to them!  I’m going to reboot my phone but this is pretty annoying   Usually getting them back in the Sonos app fixes the problem…

Anyone else having this problem?

Oh and this website blows on a phone. Scrolling buttons etc don’t work very well…

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Here are some suggestions from Apple sources to fix problems with Airplay connections:

• Restart all devices and try to AirPlay again
  • Toggle off Bluetooth, or if already off, try turning it on
  • Turn off Cellular Data
  • Disconnect from any other Bluetooth devices (like speakers)
  • Connect to the same WiFi network access point
  • Reset your network settings on your iDevice in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
  • Update iOS, and speaker firmware/software
  • Move your devices away from other electronics and closer to the main router
  • Renew your devices DHCP lease via the router configuration pages or reboot the router
  • Switch off any Security/VPN software installed on the sending (mobile) device

Rebooting the phone worked. No idea what the prob is but that did the trick. The last thing I was going to try, or course!  I could airplay to Apple TV’s but not Sonos lol

I shouldn’t be surprised!

So if someone else has a problem where AirPlay just suddenly stops working try rebooting your phone real quick.
I’ll open a support request If this happens repeatedly like the other problems. (I’m using airplay because the Sonos system can’t play music reliably. )

Glad it’s now sorted.👍 So you next just need to get SSDP multicasting and unicast transmission working absolutely impeccably across your LAN and you’re then practically home and dry.