Answered

Airplay requesting password

• 10 January 2021
  • 5 replies

My Sonos One has suddenly started requesting a password for AirPlay. I also have a Symphonisk on the same network which is working fine (not requesting a password). Previously for several months both have been working fine, including airplay with no password. Recently I bought a HomePod mini which is on the same network - that’s the only recent change I know of. Now I can airplay to the Symphonisk or the HomePod mini but when I try to airplay to the Sonos One, from any of our Apple devices (all of which previously worked fine), it requests a password.

To summarise: Symphonisk, HomePod mini, Sonos One on the network. Several iPhones in use across the family. Everything works fine except when any iPhone tries to airplay to the Sonos One, it needs a password.

What do I do?

icon

Best answer by frankly99 10 January 2021, 20:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Perhaps try rebooting the local router first of all and see if that quickly resolves the issue.

No better. 

No better. 

Does powering off/on the targeted Sonos device make any difference?

I also found this old thread where there might be the case of a works mobile attached to the network that has a management profile installed… see this link:

Yes - seen the management profile issue. That’s not a factor here.

Factory reset the Sonos One and it’s now working OK. Hopefully the problem won’t recur...