Answered

Adding Sonos Connect Gen 2 to System - Studio Monitors

• 20 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I dont know if anyone has ever asked this question here, but i want to know if you can connect a sonos connect gen 2 to studio monitors can you then interact with them in the sonos app that they can stream sound via wlan?

I also want my studio monitors stay connected as my PC Output.

Is it then possible to stream the sound Output of my PC to my different sonos products?

like in both directions?

The studio monitors go in an amp and then in my audio interface and i would connect the sonos in between those devices

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 22 January 2024, 00:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m not really clear what you’re trying to do here. Yes, the Sonos Fives have an analog line in on them, which changes the signal to digital, and allows it to play across any other Sonos speakers that are part of the same ‘system’ on the local LAN.

However, there is a minimum of a 75ms delay on that line in, so Sonos can both digitize the signal, and buffer it for seamless playback on a WiFi network. This would make the speakers unable to play in sync with your monitor (PC connected) speakers. 

And no, there is no way to cancel that delay. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If your PC has the equivalent of Tape-In and Out connections you could do that.

The delay might be an issue if the different speakers are all in the same space.