Answered

Adding product to my account

• 26 December 2023
  • 8 replies

I have 2 Sonos Ports and they were linked to an account. I made factory reset to both of them and created a new account but there is a problem linking them or registering them to my new account

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 January 2024, 11:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

What error messages are you seeing?

Since you’re setting the Ports up as a new system you’d need to reset or reinstall your Sonos app first. If there are any problems it may help to wire one of the Ports to the network and begin by configuring that one.

The Message is that there is a problem adding the Port to my system, I tried to wire it directly to the router and it still has the same problem.

What router is it? Is the WiFi a ‘guest’ network by any chance? Have you used Sonos successfully with that router before?

Yes, the Sonos ports were working on the previous account on the same router and switch

I’ve asked for a Sonos staff member to take a look.

Yes, the Sonos ports were working on the previous account on the same router and switch

When you factory reset the two Ports, were their status LED’s flashing green? Just checking you did actually get them back to their initial factory condition, ready to be setup on your new Sonos account and did you also reset the Sonos App for use with the new account credentials too?

Yes, I reset both App and Ports and the port were flashing green after reset

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @FarouqAshoush 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Just in case this is easy to resolve, please reboot everything involved: if the speakers are flashing green, they won’t need it, but please reboot your phone (or try another) and reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds.

Please also keep the ethernet connection for now, as it will increase your chances of success. If reboots do not resolve the problem, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.