Answered

adding port ot exisiting system

• 6 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

im adding a port to existing system, my app see it and begins the add process, I enter the port pin and the blue join light never starts blinking and even pushing it anyway doesn't allow the process to move forward

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 6 January 2024, 23:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The Port doesn’t have a blue light. I guess you mean a flashing green status LED.

What does the rest of the system comprise? Is it on the WiFi or is there a wired Sonos component anywhere?

Badge

The green white light on the top of the device is blinking I’m referring to the join button the app says will flash blue. It’s on the back of the port next to the cat 5 port. 
im using a system of multiple ports in various rooms and they are all good just can’t get this to add

thank you

The button doesn’t have a light. Just push it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Since it is new you might try a Factory Reset and then install it again.

If it still won’t join your other Sonos you probably need to call Sonos Support to see if it is a hardware fault.

Badge

Thanks, Ive push the button even thought it didn't blink blue,  

I just tried factory reset me luck, next step likely is real hing out to Sonos.. No Weeknd support so I guess it will be Monday. I appreciate the effort to help