A tip on fixing iPhone constantly disconnecting

• 22 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I just wanted to share a fix to an annoying problem that I kept encountering.

My iPhone constantly kept disconnecting from the sonos system—I would be enjoying music in my room in the morning, and then I go out for some errands and for some reason when I come back my iPhone doesn’t connect to the Sonos system, having have to do the whole unplug your router thing. I’m sure some of you have encountered the same problem.

I’ve found a solution that worked like magic. Go to your iPhone settings app and to the WiFi settings. Click on the info icon for whatever wifi you’re using at home for sonos, and disable the “private address” setting. This should get your iPhone back on the sonos system and prevent you from having have to unplug your router over and over again. I hope this helps anyone in the same situation.

Happy listening!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Please share the type of router you are using, so that others who use the same one can find this suggestion in future.

I have exactly the same issue using a Deco M5/M9 wifi mesh network.  randomly, when I open the Sonos app on my phone, it drops off the wifi to 5G

very odd…. my guess is an ip conflict 

I was having the same issue, and this works perfectly - thanks for the fix!  No idea why or how that works, and what other “protections” or issues the Private Address setting impacts, but anything to get back online!

GENIUS!

Works like a charm.

When absolutely nothing else has.

Thanks for posting NAOMNAOK.