a good cd player/receiver that will work seamlessly with sonos

• 3 February 2024
  • 8 replies

I would like some suggestions for a good player.  It should be smallish.

8 replies

Rip your CD’s and share the files into the local library on Sonos.  There’s zero need for a CD player when using Sonos. 

I haven’t used a CD player since I acquired SONOS in 2005.

I’m not sure you will feel that a CD player can be “seamlessly” integrated into your SONOS system because the SONOS APP cannot control the CD player. 

I haven’t used a CD player since I acquired SONOS in 2005.

I’m not sure you will feel that a CD player can be “seamlessly” integrated into your SONOS system because the SONOS APP cannot control the CD player. 

When I first bought Sonos back in 2008, I connected my CD player to my ZP80 which was connected to my receiver.  I used it exactly . . . once. 

I have around 800 CDs

I have around 800 CDs

I had around 600.  I ripped them over the course of 6 months.  Sonos can accommodate up to 65,000 tracks, so at ~10 per CD you aren’t even denting the limit.  Think of the space you will save if you move them to someplace that isn’t close at hand.

My Imad does not have a CD slot.  Do I need to get some sort of CD copier.  I have one, but its a bit old and probably the quality is not that great.  Reccos for a brand/model to copy cs”s.?

Thanks to all

Any external USB CD drive will do.  Shouldn’t be more than $25. 

Thanks for telling me this.  There is so much music on the internet these days that I’m sure a lot of my CDS can be found on line in one version of the other.