Skip to main content

Unable to play Music through any device. 

I have tried with no luck:

• resetting the router
  • resetting the every Sonos speaker (at the same time) 
  • deleting my app and reinstalling it

A few questions...

• What router and controller are you using? (Make/Model)
  • Any other Wireless Access points or WiFi hubs?
  • Were your current Sonos products working with your router and controller previously?
  • What type of reset did you carry out on all your devices?
  • Are any devices wired direct to the mainrouter?

Modem Netgear CM1000

Mesh router ASUS ZENWIFI AX6600

I can’t remember exactly when the Sonos stopped working. I switched from the rental Comcast router to this new set up a few months ago. I’m not positive but I believe the Sonos system was working with the new set up. 

I haven’t done a hard reset and started a new “system”. I’ve only unplugged all Sonos products and the modem + router for 1 min and turned everything back on.  

No devices are hard wired. But the playbar is next to the router so I could plug it in

Can you first perhaps try this…

Switch off QOS on the router

Here is the online manual to assist you, if needed.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/ZenWiFi_XT8/E17527_ZenWiFi_AX_XT8_UM_v2_WEB.pdf

I would also wire one Sonos device to the network (temporarily) and ensure your mobile controller is connected to the routers WiFi. Open the App and see if that works for you. If it does, then when all devices are showing in the App, check (twice) for any Sonos Software and Firmware updates.

When updates are complete, navigate to "Settings/System/Network” and use the tools you see there to remove your old WiFi SSID and add your new 2.4Ghz WiFi SSID/Password credentials… you should then be able to uncable your Sonos device and run all your devices on the WiFi Network, all being well and as long as you have not previously (hard) factory-reset the devices.

If you go onto encounter problems after you uncable the wired Sonos device from the router in the last step, then I suggest you leave it wired, as you may find that will provide stability for your Sonos system when it’s running alongside your mesh WiFi. 

Well I checked the QOS and it was already off. I hard wired the playbar into the ASUS router and that didn’t help.  My last resort was to reset the whole system but now when I try set up everything again I either get  denied on the initial set up due to the internet or when I try to connect to an individual device it denies me from joining the SONOS network

Hi @middle83, sorry to hear you’re still struggling with getting the system running again.

As you mentioned that you’re using an ASUS ZenWifi router, you may be interested in a couple of threads regarding similar issues;

Looks like the solution in these cases was to either roll back the firmware, or perform a Factory Reset on the Asus router, let us know if this helps!

I plan on a factory reset when I get home and this will roll back the firmware, correct?

Factory reset worked!