Answered

2x Gen 3 Subs In Sonos.com System

• 30 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi Guys, 

I have a quick and maybe stupid question. I just added a 2nd sub and it’s not listed/named the same as the 1st one. Is this normal ? 

Moderator edit: removed serial numbers from picture

icon

Best answer by NanorT 31 May 2023, 03:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

The smaller text is the name of the actual Sonos product. The larger text is the name of the room the product is assigned to in the Sonos app.

What is the name of the room the second Sub is assigned to?

They’re both in the living room. And in the Sonos app it’s shows Living Room Subx2

Userlevel 7

They’re both in the living room. And in the Sonos app it’s shows Living Room Subx2

Since you just added the second Sub, it probably just hasn’t updated yet in your system profile. Check again in a day or two. Regardless, I wouldn’t worry too much about it especially if everything is working as it should.

Userlevel 7

Hi 

You’re viewing those products under your on-line profile in System at Sonos.com. It appears you didn’t add the Sub (F762) to your system first under “add a product” as a Sub and then add it to your Living Room. You may have to remove the Sub (F762) factory reset it, add it as a sub first (under add a product) and then assign to Living Room as a second sub

Note: If everything is working...why bother?? The sub is obviously registered to your account..so no worries 😉

Just an update. I just got off the phone with Sonos they ran a diagnostic and both subs are connected to the living room as it shows in my Sonos App. They said that the subs won’t show a room/area there in, on the website they will just say SUB. 

Userlevel 7

Just an update. I just got off the phone with Sonos they ran a diagnostic and both subs are connected to the living room as it shows in my Sonos App. They said that the subs won’t show a room/area there in, on the website they will just say SUB. 

It must only be with a dual Sub setup because my Sub shows the room name it is associated with on the Sonos website.

Yeah, it's really odd. Maybe it's because I'm using a boost. Regardless thank you everyone for the help.