Answered

2 amps 1 surround working the other not

• 8 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I have (2) 5.1 setups. Both amps were hooked up and working. Suddenly one rooms surrounds stopped working but it says it is connected. If I remove both surrounds I can hook up either room of surrounds with one amp but when I go to put the living room surrounds back to the living room amp the media room surrounds won’t work. They say they are connected but no sound comes out?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 September 2021, 20:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Are the Amps connected as surrounds to your Arc and Playbar? If so, unplug the Arc and Playbar from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. 

Yes, living room Arc - amp connected to in-ceiling. Media room playbar- amp connected to in-walls. I will try what you suggested. Thanks!

Ended up unplugging Ethernet a to both amps and running them wirelessly and that fixed everything. Not sure what’s up with that?  Thanks man

Userlevel 7

The Arc and Playbar are designed to communicate with the Amp (as surrounds) wirelessly using direct routing over 5GHz. So an ethernet connection to the Amps are unnecessary in your setup.