Answered

1 of 5 Sonos speakers suddenly stopped working

• 3 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

I have 5 Sonos products.

I recently went from SonosNet to Wifi and everything has been working fine for about two weeks.

Suddenly one of my speakers stopped working, a Sonos One with Microphone. I tried moving it around the apartment, and now it is the one closest to the router.

The other 4 speakers works perfectly still, even farther away from router.

When trying to get it to play music Sonos app says "Unable to connect to Sonos product".

Sometimes I can get it playing for like a small period of time, but suddenly it stops playing.

Submitted a diagnostic 2075424226.

Right now no information is showing up in the app, but through the router I can see the MAC-address of the problematic Sonos One is 78:28:CA:B1:F1:C6.

I did try to factory reset this single speaker, by holding the back button when powering up, blinking white and orange and setting it up through the app, works briefly but then fails to play music.

Thinkin about switching back to SonosNet to see if it works, but really wanted to be on Wifi if possible, as I need to park one speaker for the LAN connection.

Can anyone have a look at the diagnosics?

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 3 February 2021, 20:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Peheje,

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this.

Based on the diagnostic, wireless interference was detected in your Sonos system and it's caused by poor wireless conditions. Wireless interference can occur when two or more wireless devices compete for the same WiFi space.   You can also find instructions on how to reduce wireless interference in our short video. Also, the report shows audio dropout due to sync errors, an audio playback failure due to not enough bandwidth. This would be resolved by refreshing the connection of your network devices and Sonos products. Let me suggest the steps that you can do to address this.

1. Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power.
    • Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Test playback from and observe Sonos performance.
  2. After reboot, try to move or relocate your Sonos One closer to the router to determine if it is a wireless range issue.
    • Test playback from and observe Sonos performance.
  3. Hardwire one of your speakers to your router.
    • Test playback and observe Sonos performance.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. Please submit a diagnostic report and post here the confirmation number for us to check. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach us back. We’ll wait for your reply.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Rowena. Thanks for looking into this.

I had QoS enabled on the router. Disabling it seems to have fixed it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Peheje,  thanks for your response and for updating us. It’s great to know that your Sonos is up and running again. Please continue to monitor your Sonos and if you run into any issues, submit a diagnostic report for us to check. Let us know if you need help with any other information, we're here to answer any further questions you have.