Zp90 and turntable

Badge

Hi. I have a beam which I use often. I also have an old school vinyl set up in my other room. Is it possible to connect a zp90 to my amps auc so that I can stream music through my amp? 
if not, what is the best way to do this? 
thanks in advance. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 7

Connect your turntable to the ZP90’s audio in RCA ports. If your turntable doesn’t have a built-in phono preamp, you will need to first connect your turntable to a phono preamp, and then connect the phono preamp to the ZP90. Then either group the ZP90 with the Beam or select the Line-In option under Browse in the Sonos app.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3548?language=en_US

Badge

Thanks. My Sonos amp is picking up my zp90 tho to connect. I have tried several times and it can't find it to connect the two. Any ideas? Thanks 

Userlevel 7

Do you have a ZP90 and a Sonos Amp? If so, you don’t need the ZP90 to connect the turntable. You just need to connect the turntable directly to the audio in ports on the Amp, unless you have another device already connected to the Amp.

Badge

I have a Sonos beam in another room. My amp is a Kenwood. I'd like to be able to stream through my amp using the zp90. I'm unsure if I can do it.  My app does not pick up the zp90. 

Userlevel 7

What model is your Kenwood?

Badge

It is a ka 7100

Userlevel 7

You should be able to connect the analog out of the ZP90 to the AUX input of the Kenwood. Have you set up the ZP90 in the Sonos app?

Badge

That's what I thought and did. The app is not recognizing/finding the zp90 after several times of trying to find it. 

Userlevel 7

Does the Sonos app see the ZP90 when it is not connected to the Kenwood amp? Have you gone through the initial setup process in the Sonos app for the ZP90? How long have you had the ZP90?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What app are you using? Beam could be on S2 software ("Sonos app”), while a ZP90 (at least 10 years old) needs the S1 app.

Badge

I have used both apps to try and recognize the Z. 
I'm thinking this thing may be done. I even hard wired my internet into it to see if it would be found. 

Userlevel 7

How long have you had the ZP90? When was the last time it was working and could be detected from the app?

Badge

I've only had it two days. The person I bought it off assured me it was working, but maybe it isn't. Frustrating. 

Userlevel 7

Try resetting it by following these instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

Then set it up using the Sonos S1 app.

Badge

Will do. Thanks GS. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

If you get the ZP90 working, I personally prefer to keep the turntable connected directly to the amplifier and use the Rec Out from the amp to get the audio to the ZP90.

Badge

So that would play my turntable through my Beam? 
I'll give it a shot! Thanks! 

GS’s advice got me so that I can now stream through my kenwood amp! So happy.

Badge

Try resetting it by following these instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

Then set it up using the Sonos S1 app.

Thanks for all the help GS. Love it! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

So that would play my turntable through my Beam? 

Yes the Rec Out (either 1 or 2 on your amp) will output all audio from the amplifier. If you do it that way you can also stream anything else you hook up to the amp through Sonos (cassette, CD, etc), and you can also use your turntable without messing with Sonos for those times you don’t need to stream.

Badge

Thanks Early. I'm going to give that a shot!