Question

zoneplayer 90 cutting out

The sound on my ZP90 comes and goes-its not the connection or cables or amp because when i hook up my sonos connect everything works- how to get it repaired?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would submit diagnostic to Sonos and call them.

If you have multiple Sonos devices in your house and this is not the one making the hard wire connection.  Personally I would try Factory resetting it.  But you don't want to do that if it is the device making the hard wire connection or you would lose all your Playlists / Favorites.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Mike,

Can you please test the unit again and when you hear the audio cut out, could you please submit a diagnostic and I'll be happy to take a look. Please respond with the number here and indicate which unit you are hearing the audio drop. 

Have you tested alternate services and your music library? Which audio connection are you using out of the ZP90- have you tried an alternate audio connection as well, to see if you still hear the drop?
Same issue for me on my ZP90. I've submitted report No. 
FYI, I have 2 x Play 3 and 1 x Play 5 on same network. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Gavan,

Have you tested alternate services and your music library? Which audio connection are you using out of the ZP90- have you tried an alternate audio connection as well, to see if you still hear the drop?
Hi Dom, yes I have tried all sources. Even when I group all zones with one source the zp90 is the only one that cuts out. It is hard wired via LAN as well. It seems to cut out more when first turned on.  I am currently using the RCA connection but was using optical in our last place and still happended.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi Dom, yes I have tried all sources. Even when I group all zones with one source the zp90 is the only one that cuts out. It is hard wired via LAN as well. It seems to cut out more when first turned on.  I am currently using the RCA connection but was using optical in our last place and still happended.
Hey Gavan,

Thanks for the info- it sounds like it might be the device itself. I'd recommend that you call into our support line so that we can take a deeper look at the unit. 
Hello, I have the same problem with my zoneplayer 90, it cuts out the music when using line in connection to a record player or computer.
Shal I submit a diagnostic?
Yes, please.
Confirmation number 6795175
Now we just wait for a Sonos Rep to come by, look at that, and respond. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Confirmation number 6795175

Hi jacopo,

There are some wireless communication errors between your CONNECT and PLAY:3. Do you have speakers connected to your CONNECT? Or are you using the CONNECT as a line-input for your PLAY:3? When using line-in uncompressed, there can be quite a bit of bandwidth used. It may help to head into the Sonos app's settings menu, then choose advanced settings, and set the compression to compressed.

It may also help to change the Sonos wireless channel and see if things improve.
Completely lost this answer! Indeed setting the compression to "compressed" seems to improve, while changing the wireless channel seems to have no major effect... Is there a way to change to compressed only for line-in us with the zoneplayer, leaving uncompressed for the bridge?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Completely lost this answer! Indeed setting the compression to "compressed" seems to improve, while changing the wireless channel seems to have no major effect... Is there a way to change to compressed only for line-in us with the zoneplayer, leaving uncompressed for the bridge?

The compression setting only applies to the line-in connection.