Answered

turntable with Sonos Five - adding speakers

• 22 October 2022
  • 1 reply

I’m looking for some advice. 

I have a turntable connecting (line-in) to a Sonos Five. 

Now I want to add other speakers (Beam, Symfonisk) to the room. However, I don’t see any options in the app to add any further speakers. 

Is there a trick to adding my other speakers?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 October 2022, 00:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Well, there’s a difference between adding a Beam, which is a sound bar, and a Symfonisk, which is a standard speaker. In general, since neither one is the same as the Sonos Five, they’d need to be set up in the Sonos controller as a different ‘room’ for which you should use the ‘add a device’ process in your controller. Once they’re set up as a new ‘room’, you would ‘group’ the rooms together in the Sonos controller to get the turntable to play in sync in all ‘rooms’.

Note, an extended capability of the line in, once you have more than one ‘room’ in the Sonos system is to throw that line in to a specific ‘room’, so ultimately, you wouldn’t need to play the turntable on the Sonos Five, you could choose where to ‘throw’ that data….