Skip to main content

Hi,

New on the forum, but not new to Sonos or Hi-Fi.

I have an old turntable which I used to connect to a pre-amp and speakers 15 years ago.

Now I’d like to use the same turntable with my Sonos. I’m married, so I don’t have endless options in terms of moving stuff around the living room. I can’t even have the turntable next to the Sonos making wired connection difficult,

Q: Can I connect the turntable/pre-amp to a Sonos Port or similar and “stream” this to my Sonos speaker(s)?

Hi @MortenD.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to seek a definitive answer if you can connect a turntable to the Sonos Port to integrate the turntable into your Sonos ecosystem. Let me help you out with that.

Yes, you can connect your turntable to the line-in port on the Sonos Port to integrate the turntable into your Sonos ecosystem. Once the turntable is connected to the Sonos Port via line-in, you can choose from these 2 options to have the other Sonos Speakers generate the turntable audio.

• You can use the group and ungroup rooms feature on the Sonos app, grouping the Sonos Port with the Sonos device/s you wanted to listen to.
  • Or, you can use the line-In on Sonos feature on the Sonos app by either selecting a Sonos speaker or grouping multiple Sonos speakers and then go to brose on the Sonos app and then choose line-in.

I hope this helps.
Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Another solution might be a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver, if proximity is an issue. Turntable output to Bluetooth transmitter, and Bluetooth receiver plugged into Port or a Five.