Answered

Sony PS-LX310BT Bluetooth Turntable to my Sonos Play 1 speakers?

• 1 October 2023
  • 16 replies

Hi

Dies anyone know if I can i connect a Sony PS-LX310BT Bluetooth Turntable with built-in Phono Pre-Amp to my Sonos Play 1 speakers?

thanks

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 October 2023, 12:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

You will need to use a Sonos product that has a line-in or Bluetooth RX as follows…

• Port/Connect (no BT Rx)
  • Amp/Connect:Amp (no BT Rx)**
  • Five/Play:5 (gen2) (no BT Rx)**
  • Era-100 (has BT Rx) (requires additional dongle)**
  • Era-300 (has BT Rx) (requires additional dongle)**
  • Sonos Move 2 (has BT Rx) (requires additional dongle)
  • Sonos Roam/SL - has no line-in, but has BT Rx only

** Note: If any of the above compatible devices are used as a HT Surround, then their line-in port and Bluetooth Rx both become disabled.

Once the TT is connected it can play to any/all Sonos products - a line-in connection is the recommended/preferred option.

Thanks very much!

Hey on this, 

I have a Era-300, what is the additional dongle that is mentioned above?

Thanks!

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sonos-line-in-adapter  At least in the US store.

Here it is in your local store:

https://www.sonos.com/en-au/shop/sonos-line-in-adapter

thanks Airgetlam, so once I’ve got this do I connect to the record player through a line in, or I am required to get a bluetooth dongle connected to it. 

My question is more along the lines of can it connect via bluetooth direct to the Sonos Era 300?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

thanks Airgetlam, so once I’ve got this do I connect to the record player through a line in, or I am required to get a bluetooth dongle connected to it. 

My question is more along the lines of can it connect via bluetooth direct to the Sonos Era 300?

It’s a “line-in adaptor”, not a Bluetooth adaptor. But you could then plug in a Bluetooth receiver to line-in adaptor. Or, buy a Move or Roam, add it to your wifi network, and then stream through that to your Era. 

@SonnyS,

Note that a Sonos Era 300 speaker has a Bluetooth Receiver built-in and so you can connect a Bluetooth TT directly to it for playing your vinyls to that speaker, or any other Sonos speaker in your setup. You only need to use a Sonos dongle if you decide to go for a ‘wired’ option and connect your TT that way using its line-out to the line-in on the Era 300.

Just to add there are also two types of dongle as linked below. There is one just for line-in audio and a slightly more expensive one that provides both line-in and a wired network connection to the speaker aswell…

https://www.sonos.com/en-au/shop/sonos-line-in-adapter

https://www.sonos.com/en-au/shop/sonos-combo-adapter

thanks all, very helpful

None of the above seems to work for me. I have a 5 gen 2 and also an era 100, also the dongle, my old turntable worked fine, I cannot connect this one neither with line in nor with Bluetooth. What am I missing?

None of the above seems to work for me. I have a 5 gen 2 and also an era 100, also the dongle, my old turntable worked fine, I cannot connect this one neither with line in nor with Bluetooth. What am I missing?

Presumably you’re using the TT line-level out RCA connection to the 3.5mm line-in to the Sonos ADC dongle into your Era?

If you’re not using line-in autoplay, have you selected the line-in icon in the Browse/Music services tab in the Sonos App to play as the TT audio source on your speaker, or group? If not, then give that a try and ensure the volume is not muted, or simply set at a very low level.

If the audio playback volume seems low at a high volume level in the App, perhaps also consider increasing the line-in audio"source level" to a higher setting, but not so you hear any distortion at a very high volume setting. 

Thanks Ken for trying but still cannot get any sound out of this Sony turntable. When I set the source in the Sonos app to line-in I even get the little signal as if something was playing but it isn’t. I can hear the vinyl so I know the stylus is fine but it doesn’t go through to the speakers. Do you have any suggestions or shall I just ditch Sony or Sonos or both? I would  hate to do that, I have had Sony music stuff for at least  40 years and Sonos for more than 10 but I am getting frustrated. Many thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks Ken for trying but still cannot get any sound out of this Sony turntable. When I set the source in the Sonos app to line-in I even get the little signal as if something was playing but it isn’t. I can hear the vinyl so I know the stylus is fine but it doesn’t go through to the speakers. Do you have any suggestions or shall I just ditch Sony or Sonos or both? I would  hate to do that, I have had Sony music stuff for at least  40 years and Sonos for more than 10 but I am getting frustrated. Many thanks 

If it’s not playing through either Sonos speaker, it does suggest the turntable. Do any friends have kit you could test it on?

@Useless,

If you have the hardware, then maybe try a different audio source, like an MP3, CD player or perhaps your older turntable if that’s available and working and even try another cable and ensure the cable is seated correctly into the Sonos Audio Adapter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Also: do you still have the old one? Does it still play on the Sonos speakers? 

Thanks everyone, up and running now. It was a connection issue with the hard wire between the turntable and speaker.