Answered

Sonos Port to Yamaha R-N602

• 7 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I  have the Sonos bug!

Current setup in order of purchase

Play One (second hand. Didnt use it much)

Era 300 Love it

Arc Love it

I then added two Play 3 as theatre pair.

But I live in a world of vinyl mostly

My current hi-fi setup is

Yama ha R$-N602 Network Receiver (AMP)

For which I have connected to it

My 1979 Pioneer record deck (I have an Pioneer Ampt from 1979 but it is in storage due to pending house move)

Sony SACD player

Yamaha Network Player

By the way Yamaha’s MusicCast is rubbish]

Anyway if I buy a Sonos Port can I connect my Yamaha Amp to it that allows me to play any of the connected components (SACD player, TT etc) through my Sonos speakers via the Port?

Obviously my SACD player, TT and Network player all connect into the amp

What output do I use to the Sonos Port?

TIA

Steve

By the way I took some advice from this site about adding rear speakers to my Arc and I picked up a pair of Play 3’s on stands for £150. Wow do they make a difference to the sound. Sub next

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 February 2024, 14:38

View original

4 replies

I believe the Yamaha Receiver mentioned has two RCA analog line-out’s see attached screenshot (sorry it’s not very clear) - just connect either line-out to the Sonos Port RCA line in - see connections on Port here:

Or better still, save yourself money and simply connect the Receiver to your existing Era 300 line-in (if it’s convenient to do that instead), but for that, you will need one of the two available Sonos audio line-in dongles. I have put the links to the two adapters below…

Hope that info. is what you’re looking for and assists.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I believe the Yamaha Receiver mentioned has two RCA analog line-out’s see attached screenshot (sorry it’s not very clear) - just connect either line-out to the Sonos Port RCA line in - see connections on Port here:

Or better still, save yourself money and simply connect the Receiver to your existing Era 300 line-in (if it’s convenient to do that instead), but for that, you will need one of the two available Sonos audio line-in dongles. I have put the links to the two adapters below…

Hope that info. is what you’re looking for and assists.

Thanks Ken, I thought I had replied to you but it does not seem to have gone through

You are right about the outputs

See my diagram below

Marked in blue is my TT

Marked in green is my network streamer

Marked in blue is my SACD player

I would like to push both my TT and SACD player through the Sons Port but cannot see how I am going to get two into one as the port only has one set of phono in sockets or am I missing something here?

Steve

So is your SACD not connected to the CD input on your Yamaha Receiver - in red on your diagram? - If it is, then it will play ‘through’ the Receiver and output to the Port - So will your TT. Is that what you’re asking? You will only need the one connection to the Port and then just change the playing source selection on your Receiver.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks Ken

Yes, it is connected to the red CD inputs

I have decided against a port and have gone for the WiiM Pro Plus which arrives today.

Better reviews and half the price. Looking forward to playing my vinyl through my Sonos speakers

Thank you ever so much for your help

Very much appreciated

Steve