Answered

sonos port connectivity

• 14 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, I’ve got a question regarding the Sonos port and how to connect it to my surround sound speaker system and receiver components.  But before that I should explain what I am trying to achieve inside and outside of my home. In my living/dinning rooms I intend to install a single One Sl speaker in each room which is an open area. In my family room I intend to install an ARC sound bar and two One Sl speakers as surround speakers to my 4K LG TV with an existing blue ray player. On lower level in my playroom I have an existing 5.1 surround sound speakers along with two Yamaha speakers on zone 2 connected to an out going 15 year old receiver. I also have a 4K Vizio TV , a Fluance phono and a 4K blue ray player I plan to purchase. I am planning to upgrade to the Onkyo sr 6100 receiver and add Atmos speakers.  I know I need to get a pre amp for the phono and a Sonos port for this system to work. This is where the question arises. I hope to play phono music inside and outside of my home at the same time, also music from blue ray player at same time throughout and also have the 5.1 surround in playroom along with outdoor Yamaha speakers at same time. I also plan to add a Move outdoor speaker or two One Sl speakers outside depending on the configuration I prefer. So, I’m hoping that the outdoor Yamaha, Move or two One Sl speakers, playroom 5.1 surround sound speakers , family room Arc and One Sl surround speakers along with the One Sl speakers in the living/dinning room all be synched together. I also would like to play phono music inside and outside of home and blue ray music throughout if possible.  I’m hoping this can be achieved with only one port! I have a problem having to pay for more than one since they cost $450.00 each. I know the phono can be connected to the Play 5 provided the sound is comparable. I would prefer the phono be grouped together with the receiver components but will consider replacing one Sl speaker in the living room with a Play 5 speaker to connect the phono. I also will need to know how to connect components in playroom : receiver, tv, phono, pre amp, and blue ray player. WOW! I know this is a lot but I could use help to know what options I have before I start purchasing Sonos speakers and components beforehand so i get it correct! Thanks a ton! Ernie

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 15 September 2022, 23:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The long post here is quite a difficult read, but here are the Port connections (see image attached) it has one analog line input and two outputs analog & digital coax.

If you connect the turntable/pre-amp to the Ports line-in, you can play that to any other Sonos device in the same household and/or output it’s audio to a device connected to its outputs. You can also play all the Sonos music services to the outputs too (Spotify, Deezer, Sonos Radio etc.)

If you want to add a second input to the Port (I think you are looking to add an Onkyo Receiver🤔?) then you will need to use an RCA switch, or cab,e splitter, but you won’t be able to use both TT/Receiver at the same time, but all will output their audio as stated.

I hope that information is what you were asking and that it at least helps you a little with your purchase decision.