Answered

Sonos (Gen3) Subwoofer integration with Sonance ceiling speakers

• 19 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently bought a Sonos subwoofer and im trying to get it to play with the Sonance ceiling speakers.  I have a Sonos amp and port.  Im having issues getting the subwoofer to integrate into this set up.  Is the Sonos subwoofer compatible with the Sonance speakers?

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 20 December 2020, 20:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @DG01

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern. Let me share this information with you. The Sonos Sub is compatible with your Sonos Amp. There's no option in the Sonos app to add the Sub to the Sonance speakers. 

There are 2 ways you can add the Sub: 

1. If you are setting up a Sonos home theater speaker and Sub at the same time, set up the home theater speaker first.
  2. If you're adding a Sub to a Sonos speaker that is already set up, follow the steps below.
    • Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
    • From the  Settings tab, tap System.
    • Under Products, tap the room you would like to add your Sub.
    • Tap Add Sub.
    • Follow the prompts to add the Sub to your Sonos system.
    • Note: If you have already set up your Sub but would like to use it in a different room, see our article on removing your Sub.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run a diagnostic report. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reach us back.