Skip to main content

Current situation: 2 x Play 5 first gen (S1) of which one is directly network cabled to my router and a Sonos Beam (S2?) connected to my TV. Can play Spotify through both the Play 5s and the Beam.

Purchased an “old” Connect which I´d wish to connect to my Arcam amplifier such that I can use the now more or less idle Hifi system: (Arcam, Naim CD player, DynAudio speakers), which is a pity.

How would I best proceed? Network cabling the Connect to my router (and to my amplifier), leaving the one Play 5 network cabled to my router as well? Or better to only link the Connect directly (Network cable) to the router? There are probably more options just want to create the most stable one. Currently all equipment is in the living room but I might move one Play 5 to the kitchen providing I do not need a Sonos Boost or extender if I can help it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Your system is running S1. Factory reset the Connect and add it as normal. 

What you choose to wire is up to you. Experiment. Most routers won’t cause a problem if multiple Sonos devices are wired across them.

Yes S1. Thx.