Answered

Sonos Amp with Bose Acoustimass 5 as surround

• 3 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello! I am considering using the Sonos Amp with my Bose Acoustimass 5 as rear surround speakers for my home theater. I have the Arc and Sub (gen 3). How would this setup be compared to just getting Sonos Ones or Era 100s? Especially since using the Bose will introduce another subwoofer (passive). 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 May 2023, 19:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The Sonos Amp, when set up as a surround driver, will not generate any subwoofer information. It will only be receiving the surround data. Your passive subwoofer would be wasted.

Honestly, I’d stick with the Sonos Ones, if you’re only dealing with a 5.1 signal.  Or go for the Sonos Era 300s for optimum Atmos sound.

I don’t keep track of individual BOSE products, but most of their speakers assume that a specific equalization will be provided by a dedicated amplifier. BOSE amplifiers and speakers should not be indiscriminately mixed with generic 3rd party amplifiers and speakers.

Ok thanks for the replies… I guess the Bose would not be recommended. Got it