Skip to main content

Hi!

I want use Sonos Amp and Line Output converter to connect Amp to active speakers.

What parameters should have converter to minimize power consumption of all system and keep sound quality?

Sonos Port isn’t an option.

Hi @malinka.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to use a line-in converter to connect the Sonos Amp to an active speaker. However, I would like to know what would be your main reason for using a Line output converter since you can simply connect the speakers directly to the Sonos Amp as it already has a built-in amplifier that can power speakers at 125 Watts per channel at 8 ohms. The Sonos Amp also has a built-in piece of hardware that allows the Sonos Amp to go on power saving mode when not in use. I would suggest directly connecting the speakers to the Sonos Amp since not only does Sonos not support any third party piece of hardware to connect the Sonos Amp to a speaker unless it is an amp to power speakers that require more than 125Watts per channel or any music source to integrate to your Sonos systems such as turntable or cd player.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Endorse all of the above. It makes no sense to use a Sonos amp as a source for active speakers.

Hi @malinka.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to use a line-in converter to connect the Sonos Amp to an active speaker. However, I would like to know what would be your main reason for using a Line output converter since you can simply connect the speakers directly to the Sonos Amp as it already has a built-in amplifier that can power speakers at 125 Watts per channel at 8 ohms. The Sonos Amp also has a built-in piece of hardware that allows the Sonos Amp to go on power saving mode when not in use. I would suggest directly connecting the speakers to the Sonos Amp since not only does Sonos not support any third party piece of hardware to connect the Sonos Amp to a speaker unless it is an amp to power speakers that require more than 125Watts per channel or any music source to integrate to your Sonos systems such as turntable or cd player.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi! Thanks for reply!

Now I’m using Sonos Amp with Kef Q150 passive speakers for months.

But few days before I’ve compared them to Audio Pro A36 active speakers and their sound is much better for me. I want use Sonos Connectivity options (Airplay 2, Spotify Connect, smart switching between sources and play button on Sonos Amp that lacks Sonos Port) but I want to listen to sound of Audio Pro A36. The only way that I see is use line-in converter and as I understand line-in converters are created exactly for this: connect amplifier to active speakers or headphones.

The KEF are excellent speakers. Try moving them around to allow them to give of their best.

And if you are able to keep both speaker pairs, a good option is to get something like an Echo Show 5 and use it to supply the active speakers. For both Spotify and Apple Music, you will then get album art as well as voice commanded music.

However if you must have a converter, consider the amp as any that you would buy a converter for. At the speaker terminals, the Sonos Amp is identical to any other of the same output power spec.