remote restart

• 22 November 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 4 replies
I have an active network: devices being added and taken away, new sources of RF interference & neighbours changing wifi channels. A frequent piece of advice is "you must power absolutely everything in the network off and on again", or "power on and off Sonos devices". With a reasonably large house, or devices in awkward locations this can be hassle.

It would be convenient if there was a remote restart switch that could cycle Sonos devices, say a "restart in X minutes".

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Yes!!  My network is enough of a hassle without dealing with my 28 Sonos components!  Ideally, one could save the configuration data regarding the order in which the components should be restarted!
Why isn't this a feature yet??
First of all, this thread is years old and and only a couple of posts. Second of all, its already done.

Open a browser and type:

http://sonos_ip:1400/reboot

Where sonos_ip is the IP addess of the Sonos device to reboot.
Thanks jgatie! I could likely bookmark all my devices in the browser and process them one at a time, or write a script to run through them all. It would be nice if this was a feature of the gui contoller app though. Maybe under the advanced options, there could be a reboot devices expansion with check box selections next to each device the controller sees (and then ideally a "select all" option.)
Thanks jgatie! I could likely bookmark all my devices in the browser and process them one at a time, or write a script to run through them all. It would be nice if this was a feature of the gui contoller app though. Maybe under the advanced options, there could be a reboot devices expansion with check box selections next to each device the controller sees (and then ideally a "select all" option.)
I doubt that Sonos would consider a reboot option in the controller. Often as not, the recommendation to power-cycle the units is offered if they're already misbehaving.

As for scripting the URLs, two points:
- a simple sequence of URLs is problematic as there's a confirmation handshake for each
- if you're on SonosNet, order the reboots starting from the outermost nodes and working inwards