Skip to main content

Same question came up a few years ago in this support channel. Updating seemed to have resolved the issue for him but it dosnt seem to be for me. Anyone experiencing the same issue or have a solution for this? 

GOAL: Pioneer DDJ-SX > Connect > Playbar

So the problem is?  No sound?

Pioneer is connected to line-in on Connect?

Is the Autoplay Room on your Connect set to be the Playbar?

You should be aware that the Sonos system has a lag built in deliberately, to ensure robust multi-room sync.  This is generally viewed as making Sonos unsuitable for DJ applications.

Or do you not have a Connect, but wish to connect?

Please describe your own setup and problem, from scratch, ignoring any similar (or not so similar?) queries from the past.

Hello John. The problem is no sound, correct.

My Pioneer is connected to my Sonos Connect (older version https://www.amazon.com/Sonos-Connect-Component-Streaming-certified/dp/B001CROHX6) via RCA cables. 

Im then running an Optical out to my Playbar.

Separately, I tried adding Connect as a product on the Sonos app but thats giving me a hard time as well. In all, my Sonos products are older and I think that may be part of the issue as the app is new (not using S1). 

Hi. You have to have added the Connect as a product to your system. The earliest Connects cannot join an S2 system.  Just before the serial number on the label is a 4 digit code in the format MMYY. Or possibly YYMM, it's been a while. What's your code? Pre March 2015 Connects cannot join S2. Let's check that first. 

The code before the serial is 1511. Hoping this means it was released in November. 

That should be OK  What happens when you try to add it? You should factory reset it first. 

A good sign of hope. Will reset it tomorrow and follow up with questions if any. Thank you for your guidance John. 

Thinking about this further, you don't need the wired optical connection. Just make sure that the Connect s Autoplay Room is set to whatever your Playbar room is called.

I am still a bit unclear about your setup. I assume that the Connect is to be used just for its line-in, and you don't have a hifi amp and speakers?

Note that the Connect will be a "room" in its own right within Sonos. You must give it a distinct name.

I mentioned earlier that there will be a lag in the audio. If that proves problematic then I think your setup could be done with an ADC and a switch rather than a Connect. 

Is your Playbar being used for TV sound?

Answer removed. 

Hard reset was performed and it now works. Strange that my first hard reset didn’t do anything. Its now working and connected to the Sonos app but Auto Play is no where to be found. Do you think its something still being looked into as an update

The reason why I used Optical to my Playbar is because I want to avoid the latency. I understand this can be an issue if used for DJing so I thought it would help. 

Will report back once I get sound up and running if Optical is the solution. Thank you for your help in advance. 

Hi.  The Autoplay Room should be in the line-in section of the settings for your Connect device.

The optical out is really intended to go to a non-Sonos amplifier or powered speaker.  What will happen if it is taken to a Sonos powered speaker… I don’t know.  We’ll see.