Answered

No sound coming out of sonos Era300 when connected to Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth

• 19 November 2023
  • 79 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

79 replies

@Claus_vb You mean a preamp? Your turntable does not have a built in preamp?

It has an integrated phono preamplifier.  

Userlevel 2

Got an Era 100 for Xmas - merry Xmas to me. But alas, after thinking it was faulty got this same problem, works fine connected to other things but not my Sony turntable….. (PS-LX310BT)

so, do I hold on hope they get this fixed or take it back? Whole point was that we can connect it to the vinyl player….

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d call Sonos and ask them if you should return it or if they can assist you in getting it connected in wired mode until this bug is fixed.

Support has some presence here but a call is almost always better for sales support.

Just bought an Era 100 as a christmas gift to myself. Does pair with my Vinyl player Sony PS-LX310BT. But No sound at all. Really disappointing to see that this issue was reported long ago. Still nothing. Waiting a week but if not solved I’ll get a refund instead. Really a shame - was my first and last Sonos I guess.

I have the same problem connecting my Era 100’s to a Sennheiser Bluetooth transmitter, BT-T 100.The speakers have a solid blue light, indicating a Bluetooth connection but there is no audio. The system worked fine when I connected it all a few months back but now has the same issue as reported above, with the Sony vinyl player. I have proved the Bluetooth transmitter is working by connecting headphones to it and the Era 100’s work when I connect an iPhone to them. It’s the combination of Sennheiser BT-T 100 and Sonos Era 100’s that are the problem. That pairing cost me £570 and is now useless. If there is no quick fix then I will be returning the speakers to John Lewis.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It's really taking a long time now, it seems like you're forcing the purchase of your turntable by making the Sony one incompatible with the Sonos system…

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It's really taking a long time now, it seems like you're forcing the purchase of your turntable by making the Sony one incompatible with the Sonos system…

I asked you on the other thread if you really belive in this… come on, Sonos won’t be such stupid. 😉 

Userlevel 1

Same issue here. Had the Sony PS-LX310BT specifically for its BT function for Xmas. Bought the Sonos Era 300 to pair with it. 
BT paired no issue but no sound. Like everyone the turntable works with other BT devices and ERA works with iPhone.

Going to try a manual connection. Very disappointed in my first Sonos purchase.

Same issue here. Had the Sony PS-LX310BT specifically for its BT function for Xmas. Bought the Sonos Era 300 to pair with it. 
BT paired no issue but no sound. Like everyone the turntable works with other BT devices and ERA works with iPhone.

Going to try a manual connection. Very disappointed in my first Sonos purchase.

Just before last Xmas, Sonos Staff indicated the fix would be in early 2024 and there has not been any updates so far this year, not sure it will be in the next update, as it was subject to the fix being tested, so guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens. At least Sonos are aware and it looks like a fix is in the pipeline.🤞

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Fingers crossed then.
Disappointing that I’m sat here with ironically Sony earphones - listening to Amy Winehouse on vinyl, gazing at my silent Sonos!!

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Fingers crossed then.
Disappointing that I’m sat here with ironically Sony earphones - listening to Amy Winehouse on vinyl, gazing at my silent Sonos!!

I prefer a wired line-in connection, as it’s higher quality audio compared to what Bluetooth can provide and I find it more stable with the fact Sonos provides a line-in audio buffer of between ~75ms and 2secs (user can choose their buffer size within the limits mentioned) just to cater for Home wired/wireless network conditions across multiple grouped Sonos rooms. Thats great for playing TT PCM uncompressed stereo audio anywhere, or everywhere around the Home.

So whilst Bluetooth is a nice alternative option for headphones, like you mention, I would mostly choose a wired connection for my Sonos speaker system anyway.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply Ken. I’ll report back once I get the cable. I’ve got the Sonos adapter and I’ve ordered a RCA to jack adapter as well.

Userlevel 1

Good news! 
I got a  RCA cable to jack/ and connect to the Sonos adapter and it works fine. Problem solved.

Cheers Ken.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Good news! 
I got a  RCA cable to jack/ and connect to the Sonos adapter and it works fine. Problem solved.

Cheers Ken.

Just to be sure, is it mandatory to get the Sonos Line in adapter? I mean, can I do the same with a 3rd party market, or should I buy the 25€ ones and an RCA/Jack adapter?

Tks

Matteo

Just to be sure, is it mandatory to get the Sonos Line in adapter? I mean, can I do the same with a 3rd party market, or should I buy the 25€ ones and an RCA/Jack adapter?

Tks

Matteo

Unfortunately, generic adapters are all digital in to analog out.  Only the Sonos brand unit is analog in to digital out.

Userlevel 1

I used the Sonus adapter which was a USB C to 3.5mm jack. 
The RCA to 3.5mm jack  adapter, which I then plugged into the Sonus USB adapter was aftermarket.

So in summary - USB C must be genuine Sonos 

RCA to Jack can be aftermarket.

I used the Sonus adapter which was a USB C to 3.5mm jack. 
The RCA to 3.5mm jack  adapter, which I then plugged into the Sonus USB adapter was aftermarket.

So in summary - USB C must be genuine Sonos 

RCA to Jack can be aftermarket.

To be clear, it’s 3.5mm to USB C. 

Userlevel 1

I bought the Era 300 with the intention of setting it up with the Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth.  And now it doesn't work after the last update of the Sonos app. What does Sonos intend to do about it?  This has gone on for far too long.  It's very sad, as I have over 10 Sonos devices.

I bought the Era 300 with the intention of setting it up with the Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth.  And now it doesn't work after the last update of the Sonos app. What does Sonos intend to do about it?  This has gone on for far too long.  It's very sad, as I have over 10 Sonos devices.

Your community profile suggests you own a Sonos Roam. By all accounts that product is not affected by the current issue, so just use that device instead… you can then play the TT audio on any/every one of your Sonos speakers by grouping them with the Roam over WiFi in the S2 Sonos App. Then you just need to wait patiently for Sonos to fix it for your Era 300 BT pairing, but you’re likely not losing anything at the moment as your Roam should be able to resolve things in the meantime.

Userlevel 1

Your community profile suggests you own a Sonos Roam. By all accounts that product is not affected by the current issue, so just use that device instead… you can then play the TT audio on any/every one of your Sonos speakers by grouping them with the Roam over WiFi in the S2 Sonos App. Then you just need to wait patiently for Sonos to fix it for your Era 300 BT pairing, but you’re likely not losing anything at the moment as your Roam should be able to resolve things in the meantime

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the reply.

This is unfortunate and a waiting game.  I have 2 Era 300s that I bought for the sole purpose of this as well. and if I buy the adapter, it will only play on 1 of my Era’s.. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It will only connect to one Era but will play on both. Either Grouped or as a Stereo Pair.

Hey Sonos, any update on this issue? It shouldn’t take that long to fix a critical yet basic connectivity issue…

Hey Sonos, any update on this issue? It shouldn’t take that long to fix a critical yet basic connectivity issue…

See the reply/update here from Sonos Staff made a few days ago…

Can someone tell me If this problem

has been fixed I’m about to give up on Sonos.