Answered

Network dropout on SONOS Connect when using Line-In

• 26 October 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hi all

I have a Connect that is connected to my HiFi. I also have a variety of 1s and 3s scattered around the house. If I use my Android controller to select radio or music from my library or phone, all speakers seem to play very well, uninterrupted, fairly indefinitely. However, if I try and use the Line-In on the Connect, the whole system drops out. All speakers stop except the Connect and I cannot connect to the Connect (jeez!) with the Sonos Controller on my phone. Eventually, the Connect also stops playing. I then usually need to wait a significant length of time (tens of minutes) before the Connect is accessible again (unless I power cycle it).

Is this something that's been seen before? Does it sound like the Connect is faulty? It is about 2 meters away from the wireless router - could it still be network/signal strength issues?

Thanks for any advice all, bit disappointing I can't use the Line-In on the Connect - it's one of the reasons I purchased it.

BBz
icon

Best answer by Chris 26 October 2016, 17:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Are any of your Sonos devices wired to your network? How many do you have exactly?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
yea sounds like your wifi at home is having trouble with the stream.

I would use Sonosnet instead of your home wifi by hooking 1 sonos unit to your router (and setting channel for a different of 1, 6, 11 than your router).

With Sonosnet your speakers can communicate with each other instead of routing all through your home router. I always say this is best in most cases when someone has more than 2 Sonos units.
Badge
Are any of your Sonos devices wired to your network? How many do you have exactly?

No, all are connected via wifi. I have four SONOS 1s (two as a stereo pair), a SONOS 3 & the Connect.

At a push, I could wire one to the network if you think that would be better?

Thanks for your prompt reply
BBz
Badge
yea sounds like your wifi at home is having trouble with the stream.

I would use Sonosnet instead of your home wifi by hooking 1 sonos unit to your router (and setting channel for a different of 1, 6, 11 than your router).

With Sonosnet your speakers can communicate with each other instead of routing all through your home router. I always say this is best in most cases when someone has more than 2 Sonos units.

Ok, thanks Chris. I'm with most of that but just to be clear - if I connect one device to the wired network, will all other devices default to use SonosNET rather than WIFI? Will I need to restart all devices to make the switch? Presumably all devices would still be visible to the wireless network and all have an IP address?

Sorry for the dumb questions but thanks for your help

BBz
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hook one and all will automatically switch to sonosnet Give it about 10min to adjust.