Skip to main content

Hi all!

Just wonder how the SONOS fans will use their SONOS PORT? For me, I found that the following connections could help me to resolve the problems and achieve what originally failed to… just would like to share here:

AUX output - nothing special, just connected with my BOSE Companion 20 (computer speakers set)

Digital output (Coaxial output) - I connected it with a Bluetooth transmitter, so I can stream the music or TV sound to my Bluetooth headphones.

AUX input - I connected it with Chromecast Audio, so I can stream/cast whatever music from my mobile to my SONOS system.

Wow! You use your Port in a lot of different ways!

I'm using a Connect, only to get the sound from my CD-player into the Sonos system.

Haha yes! Because the SONOS system has been good to me but before using such setup, I couldn’t enjoy the music with my Bluetooth headphones and also couldn’t cast the music to the SONOS speakers from the YouTube Music app… Now all possible and work fine! :)

Currently:

Port #1 → RCA/analog → active speakers (combined input with PC’s audio)

Port #2 → digital coax → coax/optical converter → Bluetooth aptX-HD transmitter

Port #3 → digital coax → headphone DAC/amp

Currently:

Port #1 → RCA/analog → active speakers (combined input with PC’s audio)

Port #2 → digital coax → coax/optical converter → Bluetooth aptX-HD transmitter

Port #3 → digital coax → headphone DAC/amp

Great!👍👍 I really think that PORT is a very useful component and help to fill the holes for many users!

I was trying to figure out how to connect headphones to my Sonos system. I’ve got a port that’s connected to a turntable. So if I buy a headphone amplifier will this work if connected to the outlet connections???

I was trying to figure out how to connect headphones to my Sonos system. I’ve got a port that’s connected to a turntable. So if I buy a headphone amplifier will this work if connected to the outlet connections???

Certainly. Something like a Schiit Magni should drive just about anything, and is very good for the price.

Thanks 

Hi - is there a way to connect a Sonos Port with some sort of Bluetooth transmitter (that in itself can be paired with a high end Bluetooth speaker system in a hot tub that has it’s own device name and needs a pairing code)?

Very frustrating trying to get my whole house Sonos System to connect with this hot tub.  The reason I want it to connect is we have other outdoor Sonos speakers, and we want to use our Sonos library in the hot tub.

Any help appreciated.  The Hot tub does not have any auxiliary input connection capability that I can find.