Answered

how to connect outdoor speakers to my indoor sonos amp setup

• 27 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I am wanting to add two speakers outside my house. 

My current setup is one sonos amp that is hardwired to 4 (non sonos brand) in ceiling speakers. The amp is also connected to my TV and soundbar via an hdmi line and via an optical line. My bass is connected into the amp as well.

I am just wondering if there is a way to add 2 more wireless or wired speakers to the system in this currently set up. 

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 28 August 2023, 05:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You can only power up to four 8 ohm passive speakers with one Amp. You can power up to six speakers if they are Sonos Architectural speakers. So you cannot add any more passive speakers to your current Amp. You either need to get another Amp, or you could get a pair of Moves and take them outside when you want to play music outdoors.

FYI… Each Amp acts as one zone, meaning all speakers wired to a single Amp will play the same content at the same volume.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you have power where you want the speakers you could also consider other Sonos like 100s, 300s or Fives.