Answered

How does CEC TV remote on Arc work, and will it allow Bluetooth hedaphones (from TV) at the same time as Sonos?

• 30 October 2022
  • 1 reply

I use a playbar with a modern Samsung TV and am looking to upgrade to Arc. The eArc means the TV remote will then control the Sonos properly. However, I also use Bluetooth headphones at the same time. Will the TV remote still control the Sonos, or will it only control the headphones? Will the TV with eArc connection mean that, cleverly(!), the Sonos switches off when I use Bluetooth headphones, which is absolutely what I don’t want!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 October 2022, 14:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No, CEC isn’t set up to appropriately deal with two separate audio sinks. Most people connect the headset driver device to the optical output of the TV, which has no knowledge of CEC, as a result, so that the two audio sinks can exist at the same time. However, that usually implies dealing with audio volume separately.