era300 not connecting to sony Bluetooth turntable

• 5 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hey, I know there were a couple of posts saying that this had now been fixed in a firmware upgrade.  My system is fully up to date But I cannot get my Sony Bluetooth turntable to connect to my era 300s. Am I missing something?  Do I have to do something manually to upgrade? All I get told is that my system is up to date.  

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@User806577 

Is your Sonos System on 16.0? Take a look at Sonos app settings „my Sonos system“  

Did you try to delete the existing bluetooth pairing, restarting both devices and doing the pairing again?

Hey, thanks for your reply.  My system is on v 16.0, I have now managed to get the turntable to connect via Bluetooth.  However, I now have another issue.  I have a pair of ERA 300S, one is reasonably close to the turntable, whilst the other is a distance away.  I cannot get the turntable to pair with the closest speaker, instead it pairs all the time with the one that is furthest away, so I constantly get cut outs and connection issues.  I have tried switching the distant one off and just pairing with the closer one but that doesn’t seem to work either.  Any ideas? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@User806577 

I‘m not familiar with BT stereo setup in detail, but as far as I know just one of the two speakers connects to the source and the pair of speakers themselves communicate via wifi. 
So my first idea was to turn of wifi via hardware button on the speaker you won’t like to connect to. Not sure if that works. 

How is it otherwise with both BT turned on? Are they shown for pairing as one device?