Skip to main content

Hey,

I´d like help with confirming that the plan in my head is actually viable in reality aswell.

I just picked up an old vinyl player and I want to use this together with my current and future Sonos speakers.

I´m gonna buy a pre-amp for the vinyl player in order to get it to line level.

I have 5 Symfonisk speakers and I´m looking to buy a Sonos Arc to pair with my TV.

What I´d like to confirm is that I will be able to use the Vinyl player together with the Symfonisk and the Arc and that the Symfonisk will also work as rear speakers for the Arc together with the TV.

Is that possible by only buying a Sonos Connect gen 1?

A second question, do the Connect gen 1 work over Wifi or is it in need of a ethernet cable?

Best regards & Thanks

Hi @Ledeld.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to share some information to help out.

What I´d like to confirm is that I will be able to use the Vinyl player together with the Symfonisk and the Arc and that the Symfonisk will also work as rear speakers for the Arc together with the TV. Yes you can use 2 of the same model of Symfonisk speaker to be added as surrounds to your Sonos Arc. Here is the guide about Surround sound guidelines and limitations and the guide on how to add surrounds to your Sonos home theater speaker.

Is that possible by only buying a Sonos Connect gen 1? Yes you can use the line-in audio in of the Sonos Connect to integrate your venyl player into your Sonos ecosystem.

A second question, do the Connect gen 1 work over Wifi or is it in need of a ethernet cable? The Sonos Connect is capable of connecting wirelessly or via an ethernet cable.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns. I'll be more than happy to help. 

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

You cannot use a Connect Gen 1 with an Arc.  Connect Gen 1 is S1 only, the Arc is S2 only (and the Sonos rep should know this fact).

You need a 2nd generation Connect or a Port to use with an Arc.  

Yeah, so I bought the first gen connect because of the post from Paul A and just found out what Jgatie meant...… Very nice being mislead by Sonos staff.

Now I have to someway sell that one and buy another device to fix this. Very very irritating.

Hi @Ledeld.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I personally apologize for the missed information provided. I would like to recommend and to reach out to the point of retailer to seek assistance for a product replacement. I understand that I missed a very important information answered. Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration it caused. Since the Sonos Connect was just bought not long ago, it can still be subject for a product replacement with a Sonos Connect gen 2 or a Sonos Port that will work on either the Sonos S1 or the Sonos S2 app as also shown and discussed on the S2 compatibility guide.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns. Here in the community, everyone can help you out.

Thanks,

Hi @Ledeld.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I personally apologize for the missed information provided. I would like to recommend and to reach out to the point of retailer to seek assistance for a product replacement. I understand that I missed a very important information answered. Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration it caused. Since the Sonos Connect was just bought not long ago, it can still be subject for a product replacement with a Sonos Connect gen 2 or a Sonos Port that will work on either the Sonos S1 or the Sonos S2 app as also shown and discussed on the S2 compatibility guide.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns. Here in the community, everyone can help you out.

Thanks,

Thing is I bought it second hand and didn't mind that the upgrade discount was already used. If I would have known what I know now I wouldn't be in this mess. Thank you for your answer and appreciate you acknowledging your mistake. Will have to see how I solve this without losing too much money since I now have to buy a Sonos Port instead and then have the Connect which I cannot use at all.

Want to add that I got a hold of the Sonos Arc today which I am really satisfied with and I am really longing towards being able to play my dad's old vinyls on it!

Hi @Ledeld.

Thanks for your immediate response.

I would like to recommend getting in touch with our sales team @+18006802345 option 4 to check what else can we do to help out. Again my apologies for the missed information which was the most crucial part of your question. Try getting in touch with our sales team and see what else can we do to help you out. You can try as well getting in touch with the retailer even if second hand to see if you can be granted a Money Back guarantee. 

Thanks,