Skip to main content

CONNECT setup

• 27 November 2017
  • 9 replies

I would like to stream my existing CD player & Turntable to a PLAY 1 via a CONNECT unit. The components have standard connections to a receiver. What is the proper connection from the CONNECT to the receiver? There is a TAPE (rec) and a TAPE (play) available. (The components play fine when individually connected to the CONNECT.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Analog out from the CONNECT to the Tape (Rec). Analog in from the CONNECT to the Tape (play). Then you have to go in to the controller app and set up the appropriate settings (volume) for the line-in.
Thanks. I plugged as you stated and the line-in is recognized but I can't seem to get the appropriate settings (vol) for the line-in. Not getting any sound
Then skip the amp for now, and connect the CD player directly to the CONNECT. Play a CD while messing with the input level.

Once you've got that set up, you can go back to running it through the amp, so that you can have the turntable in the loop as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Not getting sound from the amplifier? Make sure you chose tape from the front panel of receiver and you should hear Sonos sound. Adjust Sonos volume and receiver volume.
CD player sounds beautiful connected direct to the CONNECT line-in.
Replugged:
CONNECT line out to receiver TAPE(rec)
TAPE(play) to CONNECT line in

TAPE selected from front panel.
Sonos volume & receiver volume combinations produce nothing.
Analog out from the CONNECT to the Tape (Rec). Analog in from the CONNECT to the Tape (play).
Just the other way around, Bruce!:=). The Tape Rec are outputs from the amp, for recording on a tape in the old days, and can be used now to provide a signal to Connect input jacks. Tape play is for playing from a tape recorder - or Connect - and will take inputs from the Connect analog output jacks and play these when Tape is selected from the choice of inputs on the amp front panel.

CONNECT line out to receiver TAPE(rec)
TAPE(play) to CONNECT line in

As explained, the other way around - Tape REC to Connect line in.
BINGO! - Thanks everyone! Greatly appreciated, as trying to explain to the wife why I spent all our money on this little box and it didn't work - was raising my anxiety level...
D'oh! Thanks, Kumar, my apologies Montrose. That's what I get for trying to answer questions while at work .