Answered

Connect 1 - Turntable - All Sonos 1 system.

• 8 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I have a Sonos 1 system with several speakers that are only able play at Sonos 1 level.

I inherited some classic vinal and want to play over my existing level 1 speakers.

I purchased a Connect and have the line out from the turntable going into line in on the Connect.

The connect is connected to my Sonos 1 system and I can see it in the Sonos app.

I cannot get any music to play through my speakers, have I purchased the wrong “Connect” to play my albums on my Sonos 1 system.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Kumar 8 July 2023, 17:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The connect is connected to my Sonos 1 system and I can see it in the Sonos app.

Setting the line in on the Connect in the Sonos app to autoplay to the Sonos speaker of your choice may be all you need to do.

I wouldn’t think you’ve purchased anything wrong. However, the Sonos line in is expecting a line level input, not a phono level input. If this turntable has a built in pre-amp, you’d need to set it to ‘Line’ and not ‘Phono’. Or, if it doesn’t have one built in, you’d need to get an external one (they’re inexpensive, generally) and put it between the turntable and the CONNECT. 

Badge +1

Kumar, you were correct,   that fixed it and I can now play through the whole system.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Airgetlam,  

Moderator edit: Corrected typo “not play” to “now play”.

Have you Grouped the rooms?

Badge +1

@buzz - Yes, I can group the whole system or just one room.   all is working good.

thanks