Skip to main content
Question

Cannot get line-in on my ZP90

• 10 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I hope I'm posting to the correct place but I cannot easily see how to contact customer support directly. I have just bought an Amazon Echo Dot and tried connecting it to the line-in input of my ZP90 but I cannot select the line-in as an input anywhere in the Sonos app. Even when I go into Settings->Room Settings there is no line-in option as there is for my other CONNECT amps. I have tried a different cable but this makes no difference. Can anyone help ?
You don't need to use a line in any more. Look on the Sonos Support website for instructions
Hi John,

Thanks for the response. I dont understand what you mean by not needing to use line in anymore - I have searched the Sonos support and can find nothing to suggest this. I am simply trying to connect a device to the line in input of my ZP90 (which I have done before) and I can find no way to select it in the Sonos app on my phone. Any idea whats up?

Regards,

Declan.
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4158/~/setting-up-amazon-alexa-on-sonos
Hi John,

Thanks but this isn't relevant. I can control Sonos from Alexa fine (although the ducking is a serious problem but that's a different issue), I just cannot get line-in working on my ZP90.

Regards,

Declan.
Have you tried just attaching another device and playing music, just as a test? A phone, say.

Sorry to ask this, but you have used the analog in on Connect, not the out?
Note that the ZP90 should only require a cable to be attached to its Line In inputs for it to appear as a Line In option in the controller. It doesn't even need an input device (the Echo Dot in yoru case) at the other end of the cable.
you need to go into the pc software, where it says select a music source. its in the same place as you choose your music library Pandora, spottily or radio by tune in.. near the bottom of the list you will see the line in choice.. click that and see if your line in works..
sorry, wrong thread.