Can Sonos Amp automatically switch between Stereo and Surround mode?

• 26 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I am planning to use an Amp for surround with an Arc. Can the Amp automatically switch to stereo mode if I use it to stream music?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Peter Peter.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to know if the Sonos Amp can switch from surround sound mode to music mode by itself without the participation of the Sonos Home theater speaker. Let me help you out.

Currently, any Sonos device added as surrounds do not have the capability or feature to un-bond itself from being a surround slave to a Sonos home theater set up to be used as an independent music speaker. We need to go through the remove surround when we want to use the device as a music speaker then add them back as surrounds when we want to watch a movie with surround sound audio again. What I can do is send this to our engineering team as a feature request. Just to set your expectation, you will not be contacted regarding any updates on this feature request so I would like to suggest subscribing to this thread and to our announcement topic for any feature release, feature update, and bug fixes.

Please let us know if you still have any further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,