Can i use sonos amp for ceiling speakers

• 3 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Can i do the following: 

1 sonos amp for ceiling speakers for my TV while streaming music for other ceiling speakers in my kitchen or sonos move at the same time?

if not is there any option to let the sonos amp send streaming music only to ceiling speakers in my kitchen or sonos move while the TV is off

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

A single Sonos Amp acts as one zone meaning all speakers wired to the Amp will play the same audio at the same volume. If you want the in-ceiling speakers for the TV to play different audio than the in-ceiling speakers in the kitchen, you need two Amps - one Amp to power the TV speakers and one Amp to power the kitchen speakers. 

Thanks for the information.

is there any option to close the non needed speaker in sonos app?

Userlevel 7

All speakers wired to the Amp will play the same audio at the same volume. You cannot “close” some of the speakers while others are playing audio.

You could add volume control knobs like this guy to turn the volume down on certain speakers:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

if not is there any option to let the sonos amp send streaming music only to ceiling speakers in my kitchen or sonos move while the TV is off

You don’t need the Amp to send streaming music to your Move, it can pick that up directly.

The Amp willalso be able to play streaming music when the TV is off, you can Group the two so it plays the same and in sync.