Question

Can a connect amp run both a pair of wired in speakers and 3 sonos play 1 wireless speakers?

• 27 November 2016
  • 2 replies

I have wires set up for two outdoor speakers and 3 sonos play 1's that I would like to add to out exhisting sonos system. Our exhisting system has a sonos connect running an amp that conrols 6 sets of ceiling speakers and a radio.

Can the sonos amp run two wired in speakers and three sonos play 1's?

What specs on the speakers do I need to look for to be compatible with the sonos amp?

Or what would I need to add two wired in speakers and three sonos play 1's to our exhisting system?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Well the Play units are self-powered, standalone units, so they are not dependent on the Connect:Amp. The Connect:Amp will be used to power the outdoor speakers. After setting them up, you will be able to play different sources to each, or group them all together to play the same source in sync.
If you're using only two speakers (one for each channel) you can use practically any speaker. The recommended speaker specs are fairly wide.

The Play:1's will be independent of the Connect:Amp, just as the Connect:Amp will be independent of the existing Connect. Once you've added them to your system with the Sonos Controller app, you can instruct them all to play the same thing, each something different, or any combination in between.