Answered

BR000 vs BR100 Bridges

• 9 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, I have and Sonos 1 system and want to expand it. On Ebay there are used Bridges model BR000 and BR100 or I can get a new Boost. Is there any difference?

icon

Best answer by controlav 9 January 2023, 14:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Bridges are S1 only with failing power supplies, avoid.

Boosts are S1 and S2 and a lot better in every regard.

Bridges are S1 only with failing power supplies, avoid.

Boosts are S1 and S2 and a lot better in every regard.

Thank you! This happened to a BR000 I had already. Do you know if there’s a difference between BR000 and BR100?

Yes, there is a difference between BR000 and BR100, but these differences are not published. 

I know that you can get nice discounts for a used BRIDGE. At one point they were given away with the purchase of a player. In my opinion it’s not worth the trouble to chase that discount. A failed or failing power supply is very likely. Plus, the BOOST radios are much improved.

Userlevel 7

The only reason to buy a used BRIDGE today is for the potential 15% upgrade credit now available on the device.

How big is your system and how good is your WiFi? You may not need a Bridge or a Boost.  Could you wire a speaker or player instead of a Bridge?