Answered

Bitrate & kHz on RCA output of Port

• 30 December 2022
  • 1 reply

I have a vintage stereo system with RCA jacks for input and output. A Yamaha CR 1020 receiver connected to a pair of JBL Century 100 speakers is what I want to hook up to the Sonos Port or other music streamer. I do not wish to upgrade any of my components, I have a Marantz 2270 still in the box as a backup. And the speakers work fine for my 68 old ears.

I plan on using the RCA output of the Sonos Port to stream music to my current stereo system and using the Sonos Port RCA inputs from my system to power other Sonos speakers in other rooms of my home.

I have the Sonos Port connected to my Stereo now and it sounds as good as my CD player and turntable.

My question is what is the kHz and bitrate output to the RCA outputs on the Sonos Port? I think the digital outputs on the Sonos Port are 24-bit/44.1kHz. Does anybody know if the RCA outputs are the same?

icon

Best answer by buzz 30 December 2022, 04:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Once a digital signal is converted to analog, there is no bit rate. PORT will convert whatever digital signal is presented into analog.