Question

2 rooms with the same name?

• 3 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Hello! So I just bought my first sonos setup, consisting of 2 play:1's and 1 play 5.
These 3 will provide sound for the living room. I will add future speakers but this is it for now.

The installation went pretty fast and easy. I hooked up the play 1's as a stereo pair and named the room for them 'living room'.
I did exactly the same for my play 5, also naming it 'living room'.

Now when I want to stream music, the speakers are likely to be in different room, and I always have to group them, although they have exactly the same name.
Is there any way just to add the 3 together? Or do I always have to group them together before I start streaming?

Thanks in advance!

Laurens

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

What you should have done is give the Play:5 a different room name. Then group the rooms if you want them all to play together.

Room is just a label for a speaker. Don't confuse it with physical location.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Now when I want to stream music, the speakers are likely to be in different room
Does that mean you are moving the speaker to a different room? If you unplug and move a speaker you will break the group. If you aren't moving them, they will stay grouped once you set them that way. Loss of power always breaks the groups.