Question

Sonos Port 12V Trigger

• 30 October 2019
  • 11 replies

Hi there - does anybody know how the 12V trigger logic works on the Port i.e. once it outputs audio trigger on - when no audio trigger off - any delays etc.

Kind regards, Emil

11 replies

When I tested the port, after the music stops playing the 12v trigger turns off exactly 2 minutes later

Anybody been able to control prower on of Onkyo amplifiers with the Port 12v trigger?  Using a Xantech connection block has not worked for me.  I would appreciate any tips. thanks.

Same question -- but with Marantz (NR1607). Any chance I can use the 12v trigger with it?

ElGuapo34,

No, the 12V trigger on the NR1607 is an output that can be used to control other devices connected to the receiver.

Jacfucious,

I don’t know which ONKYO you have. Typically, receivers will not respond to a 12V trigger. Amplifiers may respond to a 12V trigger.input from PORT.

Thanks for replying! Bummer; I probably wouldn’t have bought mine (and traded my old Connect in) if I had known it wasn’t going to work with my receiver.

Userlevel 1

I intend to use one of these to power my amp on/off using the 12V trigger from the port. 

AUDIOPHONICS Trigger 12V 230V Slave Power Supply Device

Assume this will work and the amp will power off 2 mins after music stops as per reply above?

Badge +1

Just to be clear on this trigger topic: my Sonos Port would be able to switch on/off my amplifier if I have a trigger in input, right?

I think I am out of luck with my Arcam A90...

Userlevel 1

Yes if your amp has a 12v trigger input it will do this but…… if your amp is like my Denon amp and does NOT have this input then the device I mention above will do the trick. Effectively you leave the amp switched on the and the trigger effectively switches on the mains supply. When you stop the music the relay opens after 2 mins and switches of the mains supply and thereby the amp. Works perfectly for me  

I just purchased a Port and connected it to Rotel RB1572 amplifier.  I have tried both stereo and mono cables, the trigger mode on the amp is “On”, and the cable is plugged into the “in” port on the amp.  The power switch for the amp is “On”.  The trigger from the Port does not turn off the amp as it should after 2 minutes.  Any suggestions? 

I just purchased a Port and connected it to Rotel RB1572 amplifier.  I have tried both stereo and mono cables, the trigger mode on the amp is “On”, and the cable is plugged into the “in” port on the amp.  The power switch for the amp is “On”.  The trigger from the Port does not turn off the amp as it should after 2 minutes.  Any suggestions? 

Does this assist at all?…

http://rotel.com/faq/what-purpose-12-volt-trigger-switch

Yes, thanks.  I saw that.  I now think it is working.  The blue LED around the main power button apparently stays lit in the standby mode.  I hear it clicking off after 2 minutes.  Thanks!