Sub Gen 3 ticking noise

• 8 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Have a generation 3 sub and it has a persistent ticking noise. Sub is sat on carpet and has been moved to three different places. Its paired with the beam but still ticks constantly when listening to anything. Sub is exactly one week old 

Any ideas ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Not off hand. I’ve got two Gen 2s that aren’t experiencing this issue. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the number here.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Lynus.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I understand it can be quite annoying to hear especially coming out of a new Sonos device and this is not normal for a Sonos device. Let me help you out with that.

I would like to ask if we can submit a diagnostic so we can check what is going on with the Sub and contact our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step or possible product replacement (if proven to be faulty). I would also like to suggest taking note of the confirmation number once the diagnostic number has been submitted. I would also like to suggest try playing music from multiple music services so we can isolate the issue if the issue only occurs with TV audio or all audio in general. Another thing I have in mind that might help (this is a shot in the dark) is this guide about how to reduce wireless interference. Sometimes, wireless interference can cause a ticking sound or buzzing sound. 

I hope this helps.

Please let us know how it goes with our technical support team. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi 

I have sent a diagnostic report (im new to all this so unsure what I'm doing)  played music from various sources and the sub still ticks (fast) do I need to contact Currys as that is where I bought it last week or do I wait until Sonos come back to me 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

H @Lynus.

Thanks for the detailed and immediate response.

I would recommend getting in touch first with the retailer as they may have a refund/replacement policy available for you. It will also be the quickest way of having your Sonos system be replaced especially if they have other stocks available and ready to replace your device once you walk-in.

Please let us know how it goes with our technical support team. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hopefully a replacement is in its way. Currys have agreed to swop the unit  

👍

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Lynus.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I'm glad that the retailer was able to take immediate actions if replacing your Sub. It may have been a fsulty unit. But the good news is that you'll be provided with a new one. I do hope it arrives soon with no fault. please do enjoy your Sonos.

Please let us know how it goes with the replacement. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,