Question

sonos Era 100 Trueplay

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Is it worth using TruePlay on a pair of Era 100 speakers paired in Stereo. New Era 100 arriving today to make stereo pair. I  used TruePlay on  previous One / One SL stereo set up, didn’t do it with the  Era 100:as it sounded ok out of the box. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Trueplay can be toggled on and off, so try it and see if you like it. 
Small changes to speaker location can make surprisingly large differences to the sound, so consider speaker placement too. 

Watch out though - there are lots of issues being reported with the latest version of the app. I think Trueplay is not yet supported on the current release. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I'm waiting for my Sonos Era 100 today to pair up with my other Era 100  in Stereo.. Do I do each speaker separately or both together, with True Play . I never bothered using it with our Sonos Ones, it just seemed a bit of a gimik to me. I'm told it's not working properly on the new app at present, hopefully they will sort it out soon. I've not had any issues with it, but our Sonos system is very basic. I'm willing to give it a go with the new speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Pair them first, then run Trueplay. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Speaker arrived, will set it up later tonight,i have just seen  people seem to be having issues with Trueplay on this new App, I dont think i will risk setting it up, as i’ve never bothered with it before  i doubt i will miss it.  While i love the sound of Sonos i absolutley hate setting up there speakers, with there over fussy software. Thanks for the advice 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

New Era 100’s set up in stereo tonight, absolutely amazing sound, I have skipped the Trueplay as from what I read it’s not working. Never did it on the our Sonos One set up. With our previous Stereo set up of a Sonos One and One SL paired in stereo, we used a Amazon Echo dot to give commands, as trying to do it on the Sonos speakerswe had to  SHOUT commands, but with the echo dot next to us it was easy. I can’t exactly remember how we set it up. Is it possible to do the same with the Era 100s

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

New Era 100’s set up in stereo tonight, absolutely amazing sound, I have skipped the Trueplay as from what I read it’s not working. Never did it on the our Sonos One set up. With our previous Stereo set up of a Sonos One and One SL paired in stereo, we used a Amazon Echo dot to give commands, as trying to do it on the Sonos speakerswe had to  SHOUT commands, but with the echo dot next to us it was easy. I can’t exactly remember how we set it up. Is it possible to do the same with the Era 100s

Short answer to a long question: yes.