Yonomi Inconsistency

• 26 September 2018
  • 12 replies

Badge
I am using Yonomi with Alexa to perform Sonos commands and I find it to be very inconsistent. For example, I have a Yonomi routine called “Jazz” that plays jazz radio on Pandora on Sonos. Half the time I say “Alexa, turn on jazz” and it works great. Then a second later I try it again and it doesn’t work. Doesn’t show a notification, doesn’t do anything. I even have an old iPhone running Yonomi in Guided Access and it’s still inconsistent. Any advice?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Yonomi is a 3rd party product not supported by Sonos. You should post any problems you have in the Yonomi forum.
Badge
Helpful
Helpful

Are you inferring that recommending you seek support at the company that actually supports the application is not helpful?

There are not many users of Yonomi here, and even less that are knowledgeable enough to support it. Sorry I tried to steer you to a place where you will find more help. Next time, I'll not post at all.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hi , until recently we had decent success with our speakers and yonomi, now no routines will actually work, we receive a notification that the command is accepted but nothing happens, if we try to run the routine in the yonomi app it does not work either...
I agree that your best bet is to talk with Yonomi. Sonos recently introduced new APIs that operate through the cloud. Yonomi may be in the midst of modifying their code to use these APIs, so that that their code can control Sonos when not on the wifi network.

Also, with Yonomi, your phone or tablet is the hub, meaning that if the Yonomi app isn't running, Alexa can't communicate with Yonomi and thus your commands won't work. At least that's what I expect, but perhap Yonomi can do some things without an app running, not sure.
Userlevel 7
Hi arjulaad

jgatie provided you with the best answer. Although you may have had some success in the pass with Yonomi and Sonos Alexa enabled speakers; I don't believe there is an Application Programing Interface (API) for Yonomi integration with Sonos.

Therefore jgatie's reply "Yonomi is a 3rd party product not supported by Sonos. You should post any problems you have in the Yonomi forum."

Cheers!
Badge
Hi , until recently we had decent success with our speakers and yonomi, now no routines will actually work, we receive a notification that the command is accepted but nothing happens, if we try to run the routine in the yonomi app it does not work either...

Yeah I’m having that same issue as well, arjulaad
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Good morning, thanks guys for replying! I had also reached out to yonomi and got an answer from them, there was a problem with sonos on their end, i created a new routine for one of our speaker with a stingray station and it seems to be now working!???
Userlevel 7
Good morning, thanks guys for replying! I had also reached out to yonomi and got an answer from them, there was a problem with sonos on their end, i created a new routine for one of our speaker with a stingray station and it seems to be now working!???

If you will...please share what you did to resolve your issue so that others might benefit.

Cheers!
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
My pleasure ! Actually Yonomi did the fixing, in the meantime i just deleted the routine and the account, when i received the e-mail from them, i re-created an account and a few routine and it seems to be working fine now, i only tried a few but it looks ok. Sometimes the command has to be repeated but that’s not too bad. Stay well!
It maybe worth mentioning here that Yonomi needs to be open and running on a device connected to the local network for its routines to be run via Alexa. Some people make the mistake of closing the app or switching off its 'running in background' processes, to then find their related Alexa instructions are not working. So make sure the App is running and that the mobile device is connected to the LAN... I would also advise turning off WiFi-Assist on an iOS device to ensure the device is using the local WiFi and not a 3G/4G connection.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Got it! Yonomi made it clear that the app has to be running in the background for everything to work, i usually have it running both on my phone and ipad, i tried a few more command and so far so good!??Stay well!