Why won’t Alexa recognise my favourite radio station

• 23 July 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi there, when I ask Alexa to turn on “sky sports radio” she says “I could not find a station called “sky sports radio” I have tried every variation including “Alexa play sky sports radio on tune in” etc. I have saved it to my list of favourite radio stations and my favourite radio shows. She recognises every other radio station on my list and has no trouble playing them but refuses to recognise “ sky sports radio”. It is my favourite radio station and the one I listen to the most so it is quite irritating but it’s the only one she doesn’t recognise. does anyone know why this might be?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, dondabird. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. When you go into the dialog history of Alexa, does it seem like it is understanding the commands you are giving? Additionally, what error will Alexa give when attempting to listen to Sky Sports Radio? Is there a frequency number to try in place of its name?

Thanks!