Answered

Which speaker activates Alexa if I have Sonos Move and 2x Sonos one?

• 3 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I currenly have a Sonos Move and I'm thinking of getting more speakers. My question is, if I buy 2x Sonos One Gen 2, which also have mics and Alexa, which one of them will activate if i use the voice commands? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 February 2022, 16:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

It depends where you are in relation to the speakers, how loud your voice request is, and which speaker Alexa will determine to be the closest device based on those factors.

You can always disable the microphone if you don’t want Alexa to respond on certain speakers.

I have an unusual situation where a pair of MOVE’s, a ROAM, and a DOT are within six feet of each other. Alexa is very aware of which unit is closest to me as I move around the room. In the case of the MOVE’s, I only enable the microphone that is most distant from the units..

I don’t think that you would have any issues if the units are in different rooms.