When will the ducking "feature" disable option be available?

• 8 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
It's DECEMBER!!!!!! When will the ducking "feature" disable option be available????? we're tired of waiting, only for you to say "you're working on it"???!!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Looks like its finally fixed. No ducking here now.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Something has been broken with “Ducking” now as no rooms duck at all!

Interestingly enough less than a month ago I am now able to set a default speaker for Alexa to use when playing music (e.g. in the Living Room saying “play music” to an echo Dot will play from the Living Room Sonos). Perhaps this will make ducking more smart over which speakers drop depending on the Alexa device being spoken to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Perhaps this will make ducking more smart over which speakers drop depending on the Alexa device being spoken to.
It doesn't for me. At least, not as of a week ago.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Do any of yours duck or not please? (as i’m finding with mine now!)
You have to 'pair' the Echo and Sonos Speakers which are in the same room (e.g. living-room) to an Alexa Group first, setting up 'Preferred Music Speaker(s)' second.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Mine now works yes!!!

I have a group for every room in the house. I have my Sonos speakers assigned to their correct group (room). ALL your sonos speakers MUST be assigned to a group. I have also set the Sonos as the default to play music in all the rooms where there are sonos speakers.

Now Sonos only ducks in the room if Alexa is queried in that same group(room).