Answered

When will Sonos Voice Services be available in Spain

icon

Best answer by Jeff S 11 July 2018, 22:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Victor,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for reaching out. We don't have a timeline we can share for when or if we'll be able to bring voice control to Sonos systems in Spain. I'll send along a feature request to our development team. We'll be sure to make an announcement if we have anything new to share.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Want to add another speaker to my house setup and install a Play 1 in my kitchen. Was thinking of a One, but as i’m In Spain and voice control isn’t supported, what’s the point? I have an Echo Dot in the bedroom and that works fine, so why not Sonos voice control?
Userlevel 2
Hi Jeff, can you please confirm whether it is possible to control my Sonos system with Alexa yet in Spain? The speakers are showing in the Alexa app but the voice control is not working.
I have the Alexa app installed but on my sonos app, it still says that voices services are not available in my country. Any idea on when this will be updated? Or do I need to re-setup my speaker?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

We don't have anything new to share, Alexa is not currently available with Sonos systems in Spain. We'll be sure to make an announcement if this changes.
Badge
This is a trick that works well in India. It may just work in Spain as well.

First, in Sonos, enter your country as USA. This will allow you to add Alexa in your voice services. Next, open Alexa and login to your Amazon account. In Amazon, keep your country as Spain. Now see if voice control becomes available. This should work in Sonos Beam and Sonos One.
Hi there,

Any update on the below? Amazon Alexa devices are now all available in Spain but still no sign of the Alexa enabled Sonos devices updating to include this in Spain?

Thanks

Hi folks,

We don't have anything new to share, Alexa is not currently available with Sonos systems in Spain. We'll be sure to make an announcement if this changes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there,

Any update on the below? Amazon Alexa devices are now all available in Spain but still no sign of the Alexa enabled Sonos devices updating to include this in Spain?

Thanks

Hi folks,

Hi Jamesdooms,

Thanks for reaching out. Nothing to share at this time.
Hi,

it is very strange, I am in Spain, for some reason Alexa thought that I was in USA and let me login and add the Sonos skill to my Echo, working fully in spanish.

It worked very well till I tried to download a skill only avaible in Spain, contacted Amazon and changed my country to Spain.

Since then the Sonos stoped working with Alexa and there is no way of downloading the skill from the spanish skills site.

As said very strange, may probably be an legal issue or so... I will be looking forward for it.

Regards,
Badge +1

Hi Victor,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for reaching out. We don't have a timeline we can share for when or if we'll be able to bring voice control to Sonos systems in Spain. I'll send along a feature request to our development team. We'll be sure to make an announcement if we have anything new to share.

Hi Jeff,

Could you please confirm if the alexa service in spanish will be available in the future? It doesn't matter the date of launch, I just need to know if Alexa wiil be available at Spain with Sonos.

Thanks in advance!